Re: Substitute concrete for grout?

I've heard that too (water absorption preventing full hydration) but can't remember where.

As a follow up what about the substitution of mortar for grout?
Jordan

Will Haynes wrote:
I thought I remembered something about the reason why you shouldn't allow substitution of concrete for grout was because of the wetness of grout compared to concrete and the porous nature of cmu, which would absorb and bond to the grout much better than to concrete. But maybe I just dreamed that one night.

Will H.