Re: How to Choose ASCE Rail Size

Rich,
The Crane Manufacturers Association of America has 2 specifications for design of overhead cranes. These give tables for selecting rails based on diameter and hardness of the wheel. Contact me if you want more info.
Gary
Ph 905 357 6406, Fax 905 357 4852

Rich Lewis wrote:

What is the design procedure for choosing the size of an ASCE rail? I have a custom cart that supports 300 kips on 4 wheels. The wheel spacing is 12 ft. x 19 ft. Are there table that are guidelines for choosing the rail size based on load and frequency? If so, where would I find any design guideline?

Thanks for your help.

Rich