Re: grout vs concrete

good, I thought I was going crazy..

Will

On 2/28/07, Roger Davis <sds_rdavis(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> wrote:
You didn't just dream it. The ACI code on masonry requires the use of grout and defines grout. The moisture content is important for the reason you stated. Also, the moisture that the concrete needs for hydration can be sucked out of the concrete near the masonry so that the concrete in that area never fully develops.

Roger Davis
Architect

"Andrew Kester, PE" <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com > wrote:
Will, you are overdue for a vacation if you are dreaming about concrete and grout :)

I thought I remembered something about the reason why you shouldn't allow
substitution of concrete for grout was because of the wetness of grout
compared to concrete and the porous nature of cmu, which would absorb and
bond to the grout much better than to concrete. But maybe I just dreamed
that one night.
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Andrew Kester;PE