Re: UV

Dave-

Based on work with other "plastics" IMO the problem is with direct sunlight, indirect sunlight delivers energy at orders of magnitude less.   .......it's hard to get a suntan indoors :)

For example,  PEX (cross linked polyethylene tubing) is only rated for 30 days direct sunlight exposure but has no problem with indirect (bounced, reflected) sunlight it might see in a crawlspace.

FRP retrofit of columns need UV protection when the columns are exposed to sunlight,  unprotected epoxy  deteriorates rather quickly in direct sunlight.

I would say FRP that is in "fully shaded" location & never sees direct sunlight would be fine

 however.......is the cost savings worth any potential risk & what are the consequences of failure?

Also, are there other environmental  factors that  protective additives or coatings  give protection against?

I have chunk of 20 year old epoxy sitting on my work bench in the garage....indirect sunlight for 20 years, looks like new.  The same piece would go chalky in a few months in the sun.

To add to Jordan's comment........I think water or snow would probably be your only problematic surfaces.  Bare earth & vegetation doesn't reflect much.

cheers
Bob