From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:06 AM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Lumber Moment Frame Connection

I used to work for a pretty well known firm in San Francisco and they had a lot of pictures of past projects mounted on the wall throughout the office. One of them was a project that featured MOMENT FRAME WOOD STRUCTURE and looked to be something like 3-4 stories if memories serves. I never saw the drawings but from the pictures (4 or 5 on the poster) it appeared like they used large glulams with mortise and tenon type joints, only I couldn't see any pegs and it might have been with adhesives only...maybe there were internal plates or something, but I didn't see any bolts in the pictures.

IIRC, the project was in Washington State and was not a residence.

-g