Slab Transition Detail

I have a condition where a steel plate will be embedded in a concrete slab.  The plate will be about 1/2” thick and provide a hard wearing surface for solid aluminum wheels on a cart hauling heavy equipment.  The dimensions are 10 ft. x 4 ft.

I am wondering about the edge condition of the plate and concrete.  The wheels will roll over the edge from concrete to steel.  Should this be given special consideration?  Would there be a tendency of the concrete to spall around the edge?  Should a joint be put around the edge and filled with semi rigid epoxy filler? Would that still tend to spall from the wheel load?  Would chamfering the edge of the plate help at all?

Thanks for your help.

Rich