From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: AISC 341 reference guides??

The most cost effective seismic design guide was written by many of the
same
authors of the NEHRP, the ASCE 7 Seismic Task Committee, and the IBC
seismic
provisions.  Some of the authors were also contributors to the AISC
Seismic
Design Guide.  The NEHRP Recommended Provisions:  Design Examples FEMA
451
is available on the BSSC web site: http://www.bssconline.org/.  It is
one of
the best free seismic design documents available.  A CD is available
from
FEMA.

Caution, the author of Chapter 12 is known to take a drink.  Downloading

this document will cost you 1 beer.  (I drink expensive beer, wine, and
cognac)  Running a tab is acceptable.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

>From: jerold taylor <jerold_taylor(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
>To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>Subject: AISC 341 reference guides??
>Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 09:19:54 -0800 (PST)
>
>I am unfamiliar with the seismic design requirements associated with
>Seismic Design Category D for steel structures.  I know AISC 341-02 is
>reference guide (per IBC 2003), and I have downloaded that document
from
>AISC, but was wondering if those with more familiarity with seismic
design
>requirements for steel structures could refer me to a good text book or

>other references to assist me in getting up to speed on the AISC 341
>requirements.
>
>   Thank you
>
>   Jerold Taylor PE
>   Norfolk VA

>It's here! Your new message!
>Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.

simple tips.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTi
ps.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline