Re: Slab Transition Detail

As an addendum to Harold's post.......those wood floors were installed like cobble stones, end grain "up".  Extremely durable & absorbent.

After the war (WWII) my father worked in a machine shop & years later when I was old enough to understand he explained end grain vs side grain using this example.  The floor he was working on was at least 25 to 30 years old.

(Yeah, I know that's how I become a geek)

Anyway, as Harold stated, this was the floor of choice for machine shops / industrial spaces.
If a block failed, split, crushed...it could be easily replaced.

cheers
Bob