From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 1:46 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Surface Hardener Application

I have never worked with a dry-shake hardener before.  I would like to get insight from those who have.  I have an industrial floor application that is ideal for a surface hardener.  Hard wheeled carts are rolled down the main aisle of the facility.  The existing facility has a pretty worn surface where there occurs.  I am designing an addition and am considering surface hardener for the main aisle.  One either side of the aisle are work stations that have stationary equipment.  I’m wondering how it can be applied to only the aisle.  Would it be better to pour the floor in strip so that the aisle is pour as a strip and surface hardener applied then, or is it reasonable to pour the entire floor at once and only applied the dry shake to the aisle area?  Would it cause finishing problems if the toweling machine was moving back and forth from the dry shake are to the side area?  Would surface curing differ significantly between the dry shake area and the untreated area?

I also would appreciate any links to articles on the internet discussing floor specifying floor hardener and the finishing process.

Thanks.

Rich