From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Surface Hardener Application
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:46:11 -0600

I have never worked with a dry-shake hardener before.  I would like to get
insight from those who have. I have an industrial floor application that is
ideal for a surface hardener.  Hard wheeled carts are rolled down the main
aisle of the facility.  The existing facility has a pretty worn surface
where there occurs.  I am designing an addition and am considering surface
hardener for the main aisle. One either side of the aisle are work stations that have stationary equipment. I'm wondering how it can be applied to only
the aisle.  Would it be better to pour the floor in strip so that the aisle
is pour as a strip and surface hardener applied then, or is it reasonable to
pour the entire floor at once and only applied the dry shake to the aisle
area?  Would it cause finishing problems if the toweling machine was moving
back and forth from the dry shake are to the side area?  Would surface
curing differ significantly between the dry shake area and the untreated
area?

I also would appreciate any links to articles on the internet discussing
floor specifying floor hardener and the finishing process.

Thanks.

Rich