RE: Shear Wall: GWB on Metal Studs

Try IBC 2003 Table 22.11.2(2).  It's not UBC but it might work for you.

Jason Emoto

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 4:15 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Shear Wall: GWB on Metal Studs

I've got a lightly loaded structure (basically, a self-supporting box inside
an existing building) in a high seismic region.

Is anyone aware of shear values? My brief Google experience turned up a lot
of research reports, but nothing codified, AFAIK.

I'm in UBC country.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS