Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Shear Wall: GWB on Metal Studs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Shear Wall: GWB on Metal Studs
- From: "Jason Christensen" <jason.christensen(--nospam--at)wcaeng.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:05:50 -0700
Refer to the “AISI Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – Lateral Design” 2004 Edition with Commentary (Publication: AISI/COFS/LATERAL-2004)
Available at the Steel Framing Alliance web site: http://store.steelframingalliancestore.com/standards.html
Jason Christensen, P.E.
WCA Structural Engineering Inc.
442 North Main Street
Bountiful, Utah 84010
Utah has recently updated to IBC 2006. In the 2006 code, section 2211 has been eliminated. Anyone know where table 2211.2(1) has gone and if the code still allows it to be used? I have looked through the AISI design manuals and can’t find anything regarding wood sheathed steel stud shear walls. Maybe it is because the AISI edition is only 2002.
Jeff Hedman , E.I.T.
L.R. Pope Engineers & Surveyors, Inc.
1240 East 100 South Suite # 15B
St. George, Utah 84790
- Prev by Subject: RE: Shear Wall: GWB on Metal Studs
- Next by Subject: RE: Shear Wall: GWB on Metal Studs
- Previous by thread: RE: Shear Wall: GWB on Metal Studs
- Next by thread: RE: Shear Wall: GWB on Metal Studs