Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
SLAB ON GROUND CONTROL JOINT[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: SLAB ON GROUND CONTROL JOINT
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:53:00 -0600
I have a 12” thick slab on ground. I’m wondering how deep the saw cut joints should be. ACI 302.1R-04 “Guide to Concrete Floor & Slab Construction” does not have a recommended saw cut depth. I have a 1989 version of the same standard where the recommended cut depth is 1/4 the slab thickness. In this case the cut is 3” deep. The joint then needs to be filled with a semi-rigid joint filler. The tables I see for joint filler only go up to a joint depth of 1.75 inches. Is anyone aware of other recommendations for shrinkage control joint depth for thick slab?
Thanks for your help.
- Prev by Subject: Sixth International Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering==>>Extension until April 16, 2007 Call for Papers (04)
- Next by Subject: RE: SLAB ON GROUND CONTROL JOINT
- Previous by thread: RE: Brace connection at mid-point
- Next by thread: RE: SLAB ON GROUND CONTROL JOINT