From: ndz28(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto: ndz28(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: shear wall program

I was just wondering if any one of you is familiar with the Woodworks shear wall software. I need a program that can comply with the flexible and rigid diaphragm requirements of the code and also provide me with wall deflections.  I have several larger buildings to do in Los Angeles,  and doing these calculations manually are rather time consuming. This would be used on 3-4 story apartments with mostly stacking units.  Does any one have any likes, dislikes or any other recommendations.  How easy is it to learn to use, model, and how accurate is the results?

Thank you

Andy