Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Rigid Insulation Board on Metal Roof B-deck[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Rigid Insulation Board on Metal Roof B-deck
- From: "Christopher Banbury" <cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net>
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 19:34:58 -0500
Can anyone direct me to a source on the authority and reasoning behind the NUCOR and SDI language requiring minimum 1” of rigid insulation on a metal roof B-deck?
I have a builder that wants to use a peel-and-stick underlayment attached directly to a 1.5B22 metal deck. A standing seam metal roof would then be attached to the deck.
I expect that the reason relates to providing continuous support for the underlayment, condensation issues and sound transmission due to rain but I would like to see it in black and white.
I have most of the NUCOR and SDI publications but there isn’t much about it.
Ark Engineering, Inc.
Phone: (352) 754-2424
FAX: (352) 754-2412
- Prev by Subject: Responding to E-mail
- Next by Subject: santa barbara
- Previous by thread: Re: wood trusses above pool and spa
- Next by thread: Masonry coating recommendations for car washes?