Rigid Insulation Board on Metal Roof B-deck

Can anyone direct me to a source on the authority and reasoning behind the NUCOR and SDI language requiring minimum 1” of rigid insulation on a metal roof B-deck?

I have a builder that wants to use a peel-and-stick underlayment attached directly to a 1.5B22 metal deck. A standing seam metal roof would then be attached to the deck.

I expect that the reason relates to providing continuous support for the underlayment, condensation issues and sound transmission due to rain but I would like to see it in black and white.

I have most of the NUCOR and SDI publications but there isn’t much about it.

Thanks.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.