Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wood trusses over pool[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net>
- Subject: Wood trusses over pool
- From: "Richard Phillips" <Rjohnsonphillips(--nospam--at)msn.com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:23:07 -0800
- Cc: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Seal-send-time: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:23:08 -0800
Mr Banbury: From what you have described you have a potentially dangerous condition.
Enclosed spaces above pools can develop 95 % humidity, which can cause dry-rotting of untreated wood. The ceiling distress you describe is probably excessive deflection of the wooden support system. I suggest that you shore the trusses and then carefully inspect the wood bottom chords for fungal decay (dry-rot).
Dick Phillips CE SE FSEAOC
- Prev by Subject: Re: wood trusses above pool and spa
- Next by Subject: RE: Wood trusses over pool
- Previous by thread: Keeping in touch
- Next by thread: RE: Wood trusses over pool