Re: Circular Plate with Hole at Center

You can find the formulas for calculating max moment and deflection for the circular plate on pages 61, 62 and 63 in Timoshenko and Wonowsky-Krieger's book "Theory of Plates and Shells" Second Edition. If you would like I can scan it and send it to you.

Nancy Tennebaum

----- Original Message ----- From: "arshad vali" <arshadvali(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:47 PM
Subject: Circular Plate with Hole at Center

Hello All,

I work in the Precast concrete industry and have been
asked by my clients to design a simply supported
circular concrete plate - 9'-0" DIA with a 2'-6" DIA
Hole at the center. The plate supports a uniform load
over the entire area. Due to shipping restrictions, I
have been asked to keep the thickness of the plate as
small as possible.

I have lost my Roark's Formula's book and I am
wondering if some of you have a formula for
calculating the max moment in the plate. If so could
you please send it to me - I would highly appreciate
it.

Thank you so kindly in advance and have a good day!

Arshad Vali, S.E.

Email: Arshad.Vali(--nospam--at)oldcastleprecast.com

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail