Vish's responses

-------------
Reference
-----------
=========
Response
============
-----------------------
I was wondering if someone could give me a ballpark figure on what one seat
of the Tekla Software runs.
Atrina
---------------
========================
Atrina,
We got our first license for US$21,000
This was a price for India only three years ago.
They had pulled out a few teeth. Analysis was not included.
Some facilities for creating output for CNC machines in some specialized formats were also disabled.
You can opt for a "lite" version and get it at an even lower price.
The US price was $25000 per seat at that time.
In India there is  deferred payment scheme.
You can pay in four instalments spread out over a year.
I am not sure if they allow Americans this facility.

The prices reduce as you buy more licences.
If you want only one, they act high and mighty.
With a liberal budget, and a plan to buy multiple licenses, you can do a bit of arm twisting and get them to agree on much lower prices.
We bought our fourth license for US $16,000 last year.
I have heard of people smarter than I who paid even less.
If you announce you want 25 licences and they believe you, you will have the sales chap groveling before you!

=======================
---------
Is there a voice chatting cyber place out there that steel detailers
gather for direct communication?
Randy, Ed, what you think? Are you up to the task or should I create
something?
-----------------------
==================
Bill.
There was one quite some time ago but that was not voice chat.
You had to type your messages and get an immediate response.
I used to log in and found no one else logged in.
The hours were not unearthly.
In spite  of that there wasn't a soul around.
The deathly silence resembed haunted portals.
I quit.
I doubt if a chat forum will be popular.
Even the number of messages to the list have been reducing over the years.
People seem to be too busy.
I am willing to log in if the chat forum beomes active again.
It would be a pleasure to round off the day with a gossip session with some of you.
==================================
What is good software to capture partial screen shots of rendered 3D models?
I have been using Snag-It but it loses resolution when I paste it into an
e-mail. Thanks for your advice.
Clint Strain, P.E.
--------------------------------------
==========
Clint,
Tekla Structures has a built-in facility to capture screen shots.
We use it often to send 3D pictorial views to illustrate our Rfi when needed.
It saves it as a bmp file.
The file size is large.
We convert it to jpg and reduce the file size drastically with a small reduction in picture quality.
Have you tried sending the mail as an external attachment instead of pasting it into the mail?
Regards
Vish

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.