RE: 20 year wood study question

Title: 20 year wood study question

March 15, 2007

Reply: 20 year study

Thanks Buddy. I am not sure that this is the study I am referring to although it could be based on the PDF file for Chapter 06 of FPL’s document having been updated through 1998 and referencing the IBC. There is no real mention of the discussion related to the samples taken over the 20 year period starting in the very early 70’s and the reductions discussed are not clear as to the reasons based on the reduced availability of quality lumber that I thought was the point of the study and subsequent stress reductions used in the UBC codes.

Can anyone else provide a bit more clarity to confirm if this is a correct memory of the stress changes in the 94 or 97 UBC? I need to reference the document to a friend producing a wood text and I believe this was an important piece of data that needs to be footnoted or referenced.

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

C-41250 (Exp. 3/31/07)

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://structuralist.spaces.live.com

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return the original message to us at the above e-mail. Thank you.