From: Adjebli(--nospam--at)wmconnect.com [mailto:Adjebli(--nospam--at)wmconnect.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 14' Tall concrete Wall

Hello, I have a 14' tall wall for a residence, the joist, roof are sitting on top of wall, the wall is 8" thick and sitting on pier foundation spaced about 13' o.c. I designed it as a cantilever beam and another case supported on both ends, I end up having a big shear at the base connection. The concrete will not resist the shear base, I was thinking to reinforce it at the base with  stirrups a the the pier wall connection.
Is there anybody who faced this situation? Thank you