RE: Bracing in a Freezer Building

The thermal envelope is outside of the steel framing so the steel will go through the temperature swing of the freezer.  The envelope includes insulated wall panels, roof insulation above the deck and slab insulation below the floor.  It is basically one big room that is isolated from the surround structure with expansion joints.

Rich

From: Conrad Harrison [mailto:sch.tectonic(--nospam--at)bigpond.com]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 1:45 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Bracing in a Freezer Building

A simple question. Shouldn’t the freezer space be insulated and isolated from the primary building structure so that it doesn’t have any significant influence on the structure, other than maybe an integrated floor slab?

Regards

Steven CONRAD Harrison

B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust

Roy Harrison & Associates