From: Casey K. Hemmatyar [mailto:khemmatyar(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 6:41 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: shear wall program

No. For this purpose, I have developed another spreadsheet that performs this task in a more complex manner. It analyzes up to 150 walls,

based on rigid diaphragm analysis.

I have set up this spreadsheet to distribute the story shear based on relative rigidity of each plywood shearwall.

Once I run it for the first time, based on the load on each wall, the nailing requirement of each wall change, which causes the lateral drift and stiffness to change. This change in lateral stiffness, changes the lateral load distribution to each wall. I have developed macros that re-distribute the lateral load several times until the results almost converge.

For those who have privately expressed interest in the Plywood Shearwall spreadsheet, hopefully I will be able to send it to you over the weekend.

Regards
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar
Private email <k(--nospam--at)hemmatyar.com>
California