Re: Drop-In Anchors in a Ceiling

Fellow Listers,
I am reviewing a proposed design by another engineer to install glass walls in existing open concrete balconies, in Vancouver, BC.(shakey ground). He is proposing to use "drop-in" anchors to fasten the aluminum top track to the balcony soffit. Automatically, I think the term "drop-in" precludes the use of these anchors. I also seem to remember somebody saying that these anchors should not be used in high seismic areas. I would appreciate any comments on this. Also has anyone heard any more about the collapse of the ceiling panel(s) in the Big Dig in Boston which killed a person? TIA

Gary from not so shakey Ontario