Parking Garages - Cost per Space

My son, a junior in PolySci at UF, is working on a class assignment that involves an analysis of the impacts (social, financial, etc.) of provding more/less parking on campus.

He called me yesterday to see if I could give him a ballpark figure for the cost per parking space for a parking garage.  I told him that I didn't work on parking garages and therefore had no idea, but that I was sure that someone on the list could help.

What is a good "per parking spot" figure to use for an estimae (total package:  design, permitting, construction)?  If it matters, the other garages on campus are 3 to 5 stories and are framed either with prestressed concrete or steel.  His theoretical parking garage would be similar.

TIA,

David Finley