RE: Parking Garages - Cost per Space

We have seen parking garages estimated at anywhere from $12,000/space up to
$17,000/space.  Some of them can get intricate with the design.

-----Original Message-----
From: davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com [mailto:davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 7:34 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Parking Garages - Cost per Space

My son, a junior in PolySci at UF, is working on a class assignment that
involves an analysis of the impacts (social, financial, etc.) of provding
more/less parking on campus.

He called me yesterday to see if I could give him a ballpark figure for the
cost per parking space for a parking garage.  I told him that I didn't work
on parking garages and therefore had no idea, but that I was sure that
someone on the list could help.

What is a good "per parking spot" figure to use for an estimae (total
package:  design, permitting, construction)?  If it matters, the other
garages on campus are 3 to 5 stories and are framed either with prestressed
concrete or steel.  His theoretical parking garage would be similar.

TIA,

David Finley