Re: Parking Garages - Cost per Space

Please feel free to have your son visit my firm's website.  We
specialize in the design of parking structures.  We have developed a
free pricing calculator online that will give him a good idea of project
cost based upon parameters such as location, architecture, etc. (it is
even printable if he needs it for a presentation)  It is a tool that we
developed for potential clients to allow them to get a good ballpark
number quickly.

www.watrydesign.com

Derek Beaudoin, P.E.
Project Manager
Watry Design, Inc.
Phone:  (650) 298-8150
Fax:      (650) 298-8151
dbeaudoin(--nospam--at)watrydesign.com

>>> davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com 3/21/2007 4:34:24 AM >>>
My son, a junior in PolySci at UF, is working on a class assignment
that involves an analysis of the impacts (social, financial, etc.) of
provding more/less parking on campus.

He called me yesterday to see if I could give him a ballpark figure for
the cost per parking space for a parking garage.  I told him that I
didn't work on parking garages and therefore had no idea, but that I was
sure that someone on the list could help.

What is a good "per parking spot" figure to use for an estimae (total
package:  design, permitting, construction)?  If it matters, the other
garages on campus are 3 to 5 stories and are framed either with
prestressed concrete or steel.  His theoretical parking garage would be
similar.

TIA,

David Finley