RE: wet signature in CALIF

Yeah, prints to a building dept for permit submittal.  I received a comment saying all sheets must be stamped.  As a timesaver, the boss has a rubber stamp, and we got caught.  After searching the Title Code, a rubber stamp of the signature is not allowed.  However, an electronic signature is acceptable.  Doesn’t quite make sense, but whatever…

David A. Topete, SE

From: Derek Westphal [mailto:westphaldp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:41 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: wet signature in CALIF

By submittal do you mean reproductions of drawings?

I don't have the BP reference but I just learned that

in addition to signing over the stamp, the engineer

is required to include the signing date.

David Topete <dtopete(--nospam--at)gfdseng.com> wrote:

Does anyone have the B & P code reference that says each sheet of a submittal must be “wet signed”?  I’ll search in the mean time, but any info is much appreciated.  TIA.

David A. Topete, SE