From: Dennis Wish [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 11:25 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Follow-up on License Renewal in California

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I received a message this morning from Vicky at the PELS office in Sacramento California regarding the processing of the renewal of our licenses that expires on 3/31 and were sent out late by the state. I don’t know if this is accurate since it conflicts with the information I received yesterday. Vicky said that the license is considered renewed on the date that the payment was mailed into to PELS or to the Department of Consumer Affairs and that it normally takes them four to six weeks to process payment and send out updated cards with the 3/31/09 expiration date.

She was adament that I can start using the expiration date of 3/31/09 even though they have not been able to verify that the payment was processed by DCA. I wish I had this in writing and thinking of David Topete’s question, I am wondering if this is covered in the B&P act?

Does anyone know if it is the B&P code?

Again, as of this morning, I received a call from the Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors Board that said our license is considered renewed the date that the payment was mailed rather than the date it was confirmed processed. I see a lot of potential doors being opened for disagreement on this response – what if the payment is lost in processing or in the mail (although we all know that mail is never lost – just not always found).

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

C-41250 (Exp. 3/31/09)

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://structuralist.spaces.live.com

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return the original message to us at the above e-mail. Thank you.