RE: Analysis of Beam in xls format

Hi Parag

How simple? Single simple span beam or continuous multi-span beam, or fixed
end beams?

What kind of load cases? Typically I'd say only need formula for point load
at any location in span, and uniformly distributed load with varying cover
any where in span. Then use superposition to combine load cases. The
formulae are available in most text books or steel designers manuals and the
like.

If reactions are all you are looking for it is usually simple enough to set
up on an as needs basis.

If you logon onto the following website
http://www.excelcalcs.com

Introduced by others in the past few days. Here you will find several
spreadsheets for beam design, they may be of use. (I've not checked them
out, seems like one spreadsheet per load case.)

You could also try:
http://www.microstran.com.au/freestuff.htm
They have a two span continuous beam spreadsheet.

If not suitable please provide more detail of what you are looking for. I
have a multitude of different beam spreadsheets, most are dependent on VBA
libraries and materials libraries, they are not easy to setup on other
machines. If I know more about what you are looking for I maybe able to
provide a stand alone spreadsheet.

Regards
Steven CONRAD Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust