Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: AISC Single Plate Connection load tables[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: AISC Single Plate Connection load tables
- From: "Jeff Hedman" <jeff(--nospam--at)lrpope.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:48:41 -0600
The eccentric bolt table does give the table values for up to 7 3/4" diameter bolts. Then the standard hole values on the table for n=8 to n=12 do not correlate. For example, a=3", phi*rv=15.9, C=7.12. phi*Rv=7.12*15.9 = 113 kips Table value is106 kips. However table value for short slotted holes is 111 kips which correlates with my calculations for shear yielding of the plate and bolt tear out/through. What is the difference between the calculations for short slotted holes and standard holes on this table? It doesn’t appear that the same thing happens in the 7/8” bolt or 1” bolt tables.
Jeff Hedman , E.I.T.
L.R. Pope Engineers & Surveyors, Inc.
1240 East 100 South Suite # 15B
St. George, Utah 84790
- Prev by Subject: Re: AISC Single Plate Connection load tables
- Next by Subject: Re: AISC Single Plate Connection load tables
- Previous by thread: RE: AISC Single Plate Connection load tables
- Next by thread: Re: AISC Single Plate Connection load tables