RE: Metal siding and roofing as a diaphragm

Try the Metal Construction Association.  They have a “Primer on Diaphragm Design” which provides information to design metal panel diaphragms over wood or metal supports.  There are some tabular values for various deck profiles but the basic equations for calculating the capacity are provided.  I don’t remember the cost to be honest but it’s not cheap either.  Larry Luttrell (who wrote the SDI manual) also co-wrote this one.

Eric R. Ober, PE, SE

Associate

Holbert Apple Associates

3423 Olney-Laytonsville Rd., Ste. 6