RE: Analysis of Beam in xls format

Hi Parag

Sorry for the delay. I took a look at the gobeam spreadsheet. Seems a
reasonable application, though personally I don't like spreadsheets which
require execution of macros, that was one reason I moved from Quattro Pro to
Excel. If I change a value in a cell I expect the spreadsheet to update, if
that isn't going to happen I expect to input data through modal dialogue
boxes, or have some flag that identifies that the current values are not up
to date.

I assume there is some obstacle or reluctance to purchasing gobeam.

The gobeam Website http://www.yakpol.net/ that you supplied has a "related
sites" link, from that webpage, several other beam design spreadsheets
and/or programs are available.

Alex's Corner - http://www.seaofsc.org/Alex's%20Corner.htm
Has some good spreadsheets, BEAMANAL.xls seems as good as gobeam, if not
better. It is not password protected so if the units of measurement are not
suitable, then it should be easy enough to adapt to alternative units, and
it doesn't have the 15 day trial period which gobeam has.

If you are looking for something like gobeam, then BEAMANAL.xls seems the
way to go.

regards

Conrad

Hi Steven,
Thanks for ur reply.
I am looking for a spread sheet some thing like 'Go beam' by www.yakpol.net
! <http://www.yakpol.net/>
I will be ok even if it is solving Single simple span beam   !
-What kind of load cases?
all kind of loads - point, udl, varying etc in a single span.
Parag

-----------
Disclaimer:

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use
of the addressed individual or entity.  It contains information that is
confidential and protected from disclosure. It must not be printed, read,
copied, disclosed, forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by
any person other than the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying
is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful act and can possibly
attract legal action.

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus transmitted by this email.

If you have received this message in error, you should destroy this message
and may please notify the sender by e-mail.
Thank you.