Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Ice Melt Mat[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Ice Melt Mat
- From: "Paul Feather" <PFeather(--nospam--at)se-solutions.net>
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:29:06 -0700
Is anyone familiar with the use of electric Ice Melt mats in cast-in-place concrete construction?
I have some PT flat plate parking structures where the MEP is recommending the use of Ice Melt mats on the upper level. Reading the installation guidelines the system appears to be primarily for slab on grade (joints every 20 feet, holding the top of concrete down 2 inches, placing the mat, and finishing the concrete placement).
I am concerned that if they try and hold the concrete down and mess around with placing the system I will get false set and a failure plane in my slab system. They are not proposing incorporating a topping slab, but installing this system in the structural slab.
I have zero experience with this application. Can some of my cold weather colleagues share any experiences?
Paul Feather PE, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: ICC ES Memo Information From Simpson Strongtie
- Next by Subject: Re: Ice Melt Mat
- Previous by thread: Oops! (Neat Eqn writer)
- Next by thread: Re: Ice Melt Mat