Re: cantilever T-beam

Is it still considered a T-beam if the flange portions are in tension?

On 3/28/07, Jason Atwood <atwoodjason(--nospam--at)yahoo.com > wrote:
Hi:

I'm designing a cantilever concrete t-beam. Should I take effective flange based the cantilever or 2 times the cantilever. All references I've looked at (PCA Notes, ACI 318, Wang Salmon) seem to focus on beams supported on each end. I'm leaning towards 2 times the cantilever. What do you say?

S.

Jason Atwood