From: Jason Atwood [mailto:atwoodjason(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: cantilever T-beam

Hi:

I'm designing a cantilever concrete t-beam. Should I take effective flange based the cantilever or 2 times the cantilever. All references I've looked at (PCA Notes, ACI 318, Wang Salmon) seem to focus on beams supported on each end. I'm leaning towards 2 times the cantilever. What do you say?

S.

Jason Atwood