Re: OCBF & SCBF warnings..

Howdy Ben.

Rafael Sabelli at Dasse is the Braced Frame guy and I think he did some Steel Tips that came out this year with your old Professor Astaneh. I only skimmed it, but I believe it focused on the 2T issue on the gusset plates, but there may be some more info for ya there.

I've seen the buckling restrained braced frame on a few buildings going up around here in a few places and in the south bay (on hospitals) but still predominately EBF and CBF's.

Looks like core tube shearwall buidlings are in the crystal ball...

Anyways, hope all is well.

-g
Your former drafter from "Industrial Wall & Roof"