RE: Ice Melt Mat

Kevin,

Can you describe the system a little more fully?  Are you referring to an electrical heating system that is attached prior to concrete placement for space heating (occupants) ?

From: Kevin Below [mailto:kbofoz(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:31 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Ice Melt Mat

Paul, I have never heard of Ice Melt mats here in Quebec, but we do use in-slab heating conduits.  We attach them to the rebars at the correct height before the pour.  I can imagine that holding the top of concrete down to the correct height means almost doubling the cost of placing the concrete, because you will need 2 placing and screeding operations.