From: Conrad Harrison [mailto:sch.tectonic(--nospam--at)bigpond.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:35 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ListServer Anomaly: Stacks/Queues:LIFO/FIFO and Timezones

Often I seem to receive replies before the original thread. At first I thought I’d inadvertently changed sort orders in outlook. But here is an example for the curious:

The thread: Finally a Little Recognition !! (All Times I assume are my local time.)

2) David Topete replies 9:53, I receive 9:54

3) Doug Mayer replies 9:54, I receive 10:03

1) Stan Caldwell sends original message 9:49, I receive 10:23

This neither reflects the first in first out (FIFO) operation of a queue, nor the last in first out (LIFO) operation of a stack. Something blocked and delayed the original message in this direction, but obviously not to those that replied. Curious!

Regards

Steven CONRAD Harrison

B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust

Roy Harrison & Associates