Re: cantilever T-beam

Gary, does that mean that a bridge with side trusses which support the deck on the bottom member does not have a potential buckling problem of the top chords under the compression load ?  Your explanation is logical, but I hadn't thought about it before.
I'm thinking of a short steel footbridge I have to do soon.  I was concerned about buckling of the top chord (which is also the hand-rail).