[no subject]

            Thomas Hunt wrote “Not necessarily for "design" but generally there should be items in the geo report for suitable backfill material, compaction requirements, soil testing requirements, etc. that would be specific for "construction".” This was in response to Al Greene’s, “  I have an architect who wants the geotech report text to be part of the contract documents for construction.  I can see it for the bore logs and tests.”

            This is sometimes the only place where the seismic soil site class can be found. More commonly, it is copied into the Structural General Notes. But it can hold up design when it is not in the notes and the subcontractor doing design has to request a copy from the A/E through the GC.

            Sorry I’m a few days behind.

            Jim Getaz

            Precast Concrete Engineer