Weak axis moment frame K Value

Greetings,

I am peer reviewing a job which has moment frames framing into the column weak axis. I wanted to know if I could compute the effective length factor (K) based on the Iy. This would mean getting a lower K value and hence, a higher axial load capacity.

Does this make sense?

Thanks
Anantha

ANANTHA NARAYAN, E.I.