RE: COPIES OF PLANS

I do not believe that is true.  They ARE in the public domain insofar as they are a public record.  As such they are fully reviewable by anyone that wants to see them.  But unlike most legal documents, they are not reproducible, as that runs afoul of copyright laws.  So for some jurisdictions that use remote storage or microfiche, this does effectively remove them from being publicly available, a rather interesting Catch-22.

From: David L. Fisher [mailto:dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 9:02 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: COPIES OF PLANS

Steve:

Did they say why they want to release them?

The drawings are your “instruments of service” and are not in the public domain.

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Director

Fisher+Partners Structural Engineers - Cayman

980 North Michigan Ave #1640 Chicago 60611

319 A Street Boston 02210

312.573.1701

312.573.1726 facsimile

312.622.0409 mobile