Re: Stone house

I have seen the pyramids in Egypt and the Parthanon but consider them to
be not similar to anything like the walls of a house. The pyramids have
no walls and thus cannot fail like a wall can. The Parthanon is also
semi-grossly stable in that the columns are several feet in diameter, as
I recall. Also the stone is cut finely and can slide slightly without
much failure.

I would think that a way to handle stone walls of a house or similar
building would be to use 2"-4" gunite/concrete with some reinf.and anchor
bolts -on the inside to stabilize/strengthen the structure. This is how
we often reinforce brick buildings in Calif.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA