Re: COPIES OF PLANS

More than likely there is an architect/engineer involved in a renovation or addition to the building and wishes to use the original plans as a guide to what was constructed. Anybody can view the plans at the office of the Building Dept. but they will not allow the plans to be copied without written permission of the architect or engineer whose stamps is on the drawings to be copied. Usually it is a formality; unless of couse the request comes from a lawyer.

Gary Grinstead, SE
www.structuralstuff.com

Quoting "S. Gordin" <mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>:

Good Saturday morning,

I received an official request from the city to allow the release (copying) of my plans on file.
I never done that before.
Is it just a formality?

Thanks,

V. Steve Gordin, SE