From: David Topete [mailto:dtopete(--nospam--at)gfdseng.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:05 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: conduits in footings - thoughts?

Usually, these are smaller conduits.  Ideally, they are typically placed in
zones of minimal stresses.  It's good practice to specify additional
reinf'g, to minimize cracking.  If this a standard footing, then, yeah, go
ahead.  If it's gonna be a larger footing for a shearwall, then I'd direct
the electrical and general to conspire to damage another part of the
structure...  Just my thoughts...

David A. Topete, SE