Horizontal reinforcing in IBC foundation walls

The IBC provides prescriptive design tables that allow some concrete foundations to have little or no vertical reinforcing.  The code appears to be absent on horizontal reinforcing, yet that is often the first failure mode due to settlement and/or wall shrinkage.  Is there a minimum horizontal reinforcing requirement requried by the IBC that I am missing?  This is not a crack critical wall.  And this NOT an engineered wall - I am only looking for code interpretation and good practice info.

If there needs to be horizontal reinforcing, vertical steel would be required to support the horizontal bars.  What is an appropriate spacing for this purpose?  8ft?

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA