From: Himat Solanki [mailto:hsolanki(--nospam--at)scgov.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:00 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: bearing capacity equation

Hi,

I don't know whether you are looking for bearing capacity of soil.
Peck/Hanson/Thornburn book has charts based on the shallow foundation
size, foundation depth below grade and SPT N value

ACI code can be used by neglecting foundation spring values (subgrade
reaction - see recently published paper in the ACI Structural Journal) )
Punching failue could be used.

himat

>>> cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net 04/11/07 10:40 PM >>>
Along the lines of my last post regarding geotechnical software....

Does anyone know if there are equations for the Peck/Hanson/Thornburn
bearing capacity factor curves?

With and without allowances for local and punching shear failure?

Shallow and Deep foundations?

Thanks.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President