From: jgoldbronn(--nospam--at)crosbygroup.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:29 AM
Subject: Garage sizes

I know this is not an engineering question but I thought I would give it a try considering there are some architects on this list server.  My question is; Is there a legal definition of the minimum size of a 2 car garage?  I have a home owner dispute on whether a garage is a 2 car or 1+ car garage.  With today’s large SUV’s what used to hold 2 cars can barely hold 1 H2.  I always thought if the garage door was 8’ or 9’ wide then it would be considered 1 car and if the door was 16’ wide then it would be a 2 car.  This may be one of those in the eye of the beholder questions but any help would be appreciated.

Joseph Goldbronn
Crosby Group
3444 Marconi Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95821