Re: Train Loading & Box Culvert Program

Two part question:

1)  I have not worked on a railroad project in several
years.  When I did, the design live load was the AREA
Cooper E80.  Is that still typically used?  Or is
there a new and improved live load?

Answer ? YES, it is still the same.

2)      Can any recommend a cast-in-place box culvert
program that will handle custom live load - say for
example, the AREA Cooper E80?  All of the programs
that I have seen are specifically for AASHTO highway
loads.

Answer  ? BOX CAR (Software), what?s even simpler is
AREMA (AREA) has a chart that gives you a distributed
live load based off of overburden.  You can simply
take the distributed live load and plug into any
program.

For the software visit the following web site

www.concrete-pipe.org/boxcar.htm

If you need any more information email me.

Arshad Vali, S.E.

Oldcastle Precast

Email: Arshad.Vali(--nospam--at)oldcastleprecast.com

--- "M. David Finley, P.E., P.A."