command sends to Metafile, and then that can be opened in another
paint type program, and saved as TIFF.

2007/4/14, Dennis Wish <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net>:

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Does anyone know of a way to convert one of the AutoCad output standards
including PLT and DWF files to a TIFF format. Our local blueprinters charge
$1.50 a square foot to plot a PLT or DWG file to paper as a black line.
These are reproducable simply as a Xerox copy. However, if I can send them a
TIFF file the printing charges reduce to $0.27 per square foot. One D size
drawing can easily cost $9.00 to plot in PLT format and a full set of plans
that are 10 sheets cost $90.00. However, copies from these reduce the cost
to $1.62 a sheet if sent to them in TIFF format. If they make copies from
the PLT file the copies are Xeroxed the same as if I sent a TIFF file and
They would simply be plotting the number of TIFF files I needed. I don't
know why this is so costly but I don't want to pay a premium for check plots
and the copies can be used to make other copies without degredation.

If anyone knows how to convert an AutoCad format to TIFF please let me know.
I am currently using AutoCad Architecture 8 which is the current release and
am in the process of learning to maximize my productivity with it.

Thanks

Dennis

Sincerely,

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

C-41250 (Exp. 3/31/09)

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://structuralist.spaces.live.com

confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return
the original message to us at the above e-mail. Thank you.